OCNNI Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care
(Adult Management) (Northern Ireland)
The objectives of this course is to provide learners, currently working in a management or leadership role, with a wide range of options to enhance their leadership and management skills and knowledge within the health and social care sector.
Learners must successfully complete 90 credits of which 72 credits must come from the 14 mandatory units, and 18 credits from the remaining optional units – this will be discussed with your Assessor during the initial stages of the course to ensure optional units align to your job role/responsibilities.
To give you an idea of what the course entails, the mandatory units include:
- Manage Effective Communication Systems and Processes
- Promote Professional Development
- Champion Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Person-Centred Practice
- Lead, Manage and Implement Health and Safety and Risk Management Policies, Procedures and Practices
- Work in Partnership
- Develop Professional Supervision Practice
- Manage Health and Social Care Services to Ensure Positive Outcomes for Individuals